Friday, September 30, 2011

Advice

I was thinking yesterday that I got both my best and worst advice of my life from the same person in the same sentence.  It went something like this.  "Go get a job for the state"  "You may not like it, but its a secure job, blah, blah, blah, etc..."  Now I am not putting anyone down or saying its the wrong thing to do for anyone, but if you are doing things only for money or only for the supposed security, then I am positive you are not as happy as you could be.  I do not think there is a job that exists that is secure, and just doing a job for money is not the way to go, because you spend your time at this job only thinking of all the other things you want to do.  Do I have it figured out?  NO!  I do know that yesterday at a stoplight I looked over under a tree and there were 4 homeless people sitting and all were laughing and having a cup of coffee while you could look in the cars at the stoplight and I did not see anyone smiling or laughing.  In fact they all looked like zombies.  Is homelessness the way to go?  Probably not, but I think there has to be a balance somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment