Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Original work.

I would never copy another persons or companies work. I have been made aware from friends and clients daily that there are people trying to start businesses by copying my designs and I'm sure other companies designs also. While it bothers me on some level, on another it doesn't worry me at all. I know the time and effort I put into what I do and there are things you just can't recreate sometimes. Ive also said it a thousand times. I could make more money by mass producing my items but that would take all the challenge out of it and my happiness. I would never copy someones designs as I have too much fun taking chances coming up with other things that are my ideas. I wouldn't even know where to begin.copying anyway. I have literally never looked at other furniture in books or the internet looking for inspiration or ideas. I keep myself pretty cutoff from it all. If I'm looking at pictures on the internet its either puppies or motorcycles :)  anyway, they say that imitation is the best form of flattery. So, keep it up all the copycats, because I'm very flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment