Saturday, July 5, 2014

Shipping by freight

I have a lot of people ask about shipping. I ship worldwide but its not as simple as a small end table every time. I routinely ship very large items up to 10.feet once in the crate and can weigh up to 1000 lbs or more for some. As you can imagine its quite a process. First I build a very heavy duty crate around each item.which can.cost $100 or more just for the materials alone. Then a few hours to build it and wrap and secure the piece inside. Then loading is not always so simple. A lot of my pieces are very.big and can not fit.sideways into the freight truck door so it.has to go longways. This is quite a challenge when you have no loading dock. Some people are shocked by freight costs but if you look at all that goes on with it, it makes sense and is quite reasonable. Were not shipping pillows and something I've spent months building and a client has waited for needs to.get there safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment