Saturday, March 12, 2011

Little rant

I have to rant about something today.  I have seen furniture from people being sold that is literally just made from plumbing pipe and wood from the hardware store.  Please people! Do not buy these things from people.  The people selling them are laughing to themselves, saying "I can not believe it is this easy to make  and people actually buy this."  If you want something made from plumbing pipe, go to the hardware store and buy it yourself, because it can be done by anyone, and you don't need to pay someone else to do it.  If you need help, just email me, but please do not pay these people your hard earned money for literally something a child could put together.  If you don't believe me, go buy some of the pipe and fittings and just start piecing it together, in all different directions, and I am sure you can come up with something.  I am not trying to put a damper on any ones business, but if this is what you do, I don't think you can call that a business.  I think this is just ripping people off.  I guess the good thing about it, is you would have some plumbing parts if your pipes burst in your house.  Also, lately I have seen a lot of pieces that have a very interesting similarity to some of mine being sold.  I can't really do anything about this.  Some of them I am sure are just a coincidence, because there are only so many ideas out there and sometimes they are bound to look similar.  Some are clearly exact copies or trying to be.  I can only say, if you buy those things from someone else, who copied their design, then I hope you are happy with what you decided.  I know I will be happy either way, and I have been doing this a long time, and will continue when all these copycat designers fade away.  Everything I do, is made to last, and no expense is spared from beginning until the end when it is shipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment